Monday, January 17, 2005

THE OLD SIGN PHILOSOPHER, THOUGHT FOR THE DAY!
Bill your doctor.....for waiting room time

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LEWIS & CLARK EXPEDITION 200 YEARS AGO TODAY 01/17/1805

The wind blows hard and the temperatures stay at zero. A chief tells the captains that he is going to war against the Shoshones in the spring and would steal many horses. The Shoshones are the tribe that the corps hopes to trade for horses for their mountain trek. Captain Clark lectures him on how such a move would upset the "great father", and the chief says he won't go since he already has alot of horses.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GREENSCAPE GARDENS HUMOR OF THE DAY!

At a nursing home in Florida, a group of senior citizens were sitting around talking about their aches and pains. "My arms are so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one.

"I know what you mean. My cataracts are so bad I can't even see my coffee," replied another.

"I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said a third.

"My blood pressure pills make me dizzy," another contributed.

"I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man.

Then there was a short moment of silence. "Thank God we can all still drive," said one woman cheerfully

No comments: